Friday, November 5, 2010

Flapjacks, Bacon and Banana with Maple Syrup

So, due to my need for an early bedtime last night (Friday night, long week, etc) I woke up at 8.30, ready to get things done! It's portfolio (reports on steriods) season at school, and there's a LOT of paperwork to be done - comments to be written, tests to be marked etc. I brought home two files boxes of neatly pegged stacks of work samples with me, and thought that an early start was the perfect idea.... of course, by the time I'd hung out a load of washing, put another load on, re-made my bed, swept the kitchen floor, unloaded the dishwasher, and washed the leftover dishes by hand... well, it was 10am and I hadn't even had breakfast yet!
And since it's Saturday, and I figured that I needed lots of extra energy for all the marking I had (have) to do.... pancakes!!!

This is an awesome recipe. Not as awesome as the recipe I use for Ricotta pancakes. Nothing beats those. But these 'flapjacks' come out fluffy and perfectly round.

Ignore the shockingly bad photo that I used the webcam on my laptop to take - too lazy to go downstairs and get my phone or camera.... so there you have it. I'm still wearing my pjs... and that is my CANUKS t-shirt you can see in the background. Very apt considering there's a bottle of Turkey Farm Maple Syrup behind the plate... got that (and the t-shirt) in Canada last Christmas.

Ingredients

1
cup
all purpose flour
1
egg
1
tablespoon
butter
2/3
cups
milk
1 1/2
teaspoon
baking powder
3
tablespoons
sugar
1/4
teaspoon
salt

Directions

Sift the dry ingredients together, add the egg and mix it in until it is almost absorbed. Add the milk and mix until semi-smooth. Mix in the melted butter/margarine.
It should make about 5 pancakes 7 inches in diameter. Use less sugar if you like to use a lot of syrup. ( I only used 2 TB in mine.)


Seriously good stuff guys. There is no need for lunch any time soon..... more to the fact, there IS  a need to get on with my work.

-Cate

2 comments:

  1. Is there anything better in this world that real maple syrup? *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know.... nothing like it. You can taste the fakeness (word?) in the wannabes.

    ReplyDelete