1. The mixture will not thicken properly
2. When you put it in the oven it will repeatedly overflow the tin for 20 of the 25 minutes it's in there
3. Every drop that overflows will hit the oven floor and create a cloud of black smoke
4. You will have to open the oven every 5 minutes to release the clouds of black smoke in the hopes that your lemon cakes will not taste like BBQ. (unsuccessful in the case of 1 cake)
5. Your neighbours will knock on the door and ask if everything is okay, because there is black smoke pouring out your kitchen window...
6. Your cakes will refuse to be fluffy and light (like they were the first time you used the recipe... without doubling it) and will be stodgey, sticky, and tasting a little bit like BBQ sauce.
7. You will spend the next week finding bits of blackened cake on the bottom of the oven.