Saturday, December 4, 2010

A little bit of Fun for the Holiday Season

(I'm not sure what prompted the use of random capital letters in my heading up there......)
I'll be back later today to post about the worlds msot awesome ice cream sunday..... but for now I thought it'd be fun to post something non-cooking related. I thought it might give people a better insight into me..... all two of those people reading my blog. One of whom is on my facebook anyway, so probably already knows a few things about me.... ah well.
I'm going to do the first 5 days of this at once, as it's the 5th of December today and I haven't done any... but after this I'll try to post one a day.



Reverb10

December 1 – One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

Success.
It's funny, I read the second half of the question first, and thought that success would be a word that I hope will capture 2011 for me.... but really, 2010 has been incredibly successful for me. It's the end of my second year of teaching, and I am now a fully qualified, fully registered teacher. (For those of you outside of NZ, you do a three year degree, and then have to teach for two years and be  passed by a qualifications board before you can be fully registered.)
This has been a good year. I've worked hard. I've been tired. I've been exhausted and stressed. But I've been happy. Success. My class has worked hard. They have achieved great things. Especially some of them. Success.

2011? I guess..... Security. I'm looking to put a depositi down on buying my own place in the coming year...... so Security.


December 2 – Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?

Nothing? Because writing isn't the msot important thing to me. I used to think it was, I used to write everyday - blogs, stories, poems, song lyrics.... but times change.


December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). 

That's easy. Standing on the stands amongst thousands and thousands of people at the U2 concert last week.... under the stars with the breeze blowing..... the stands shaking from the crowds excitement... and Sunday Bloody Sunday blasting..... I felt more alive in that moment than I have in... forever.


December 4 – Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

I've always tried to cultivate a sense of wonder. I think it's important to see things through a childs eyes.... I guess I get that easily being a teacher. You've got get excited, and keep things fresh. If everything has been seen before... well then life is boring. Stay wide eyed I say.


Turns out, I can't do up until the 5th, because seeing as it isn't the 5th yet in the US, they haven't posted the prompt for the 5th yet. I guess I'll be posting a day behind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment