Saturday, April 13, 2013

Cooking Catch-up

Obviously I've been ignoring this blog for a little while.... oops!
And it's not that I haven't been cooking - I have! Heaps! I've even been taking photos - except all I do is instagram them, or post them on facebook.
But a friend recently suggested to me, that since I post so many food photos, I should start a food blog... yeah, already have one of those... just don't post on it!!

So, here's what I've been up to the last few months:

I made upside down gingerbread men Reindeer cookies for the kids I teach, just before Christmas.


I made a cake for a friends impromptu engagement party/picnic.
It was three layers of ombre'd pink, with vanilla buttercream between, and covered in fondant.

 Two cakes to order for staff birthdays - both neopolitan - chocolate, vanilla and strawberry layers, with vanilla buttercream, and fondant.
Another cake to order - Chocolate Guinness cake, with chocolate ganache between 4 layers, and covered in chocolate ganache buttercream, with chocolate shavings. 
I can't remember what sort of cupcakes these were - chocolate of some kind, with what I'll assume is a vanilla buttercream. Ah! And chocolate ganache piped into the centres. Now I remember... they were yum!

Roast pumpkin, kumara and carrot with rocket, feta and bacon. So good! (With a mustardy dressing.)


Pumpkin, Spinach, Feta and oven roasted Tomato Quiche, with Guacamole and Tomato chutney.



Caramelised lime Prawn soft shell tacos, with tomato chutney, guacamole, rocket and lime sourcream.



No comments:

Post a Comment